We may collect information from you through your use of this website, when you request information from us or engage with us in the course of your attendance at Jenca Music School.
In addition to this Privacy notice, if you choose to be a pupil of our school our Terms and Conditions apply and should be read in conjunction with this Privacy Notice.
The information we collect
We may collect various types of personal data about you, including:
- your personal identification information which may include your name
- personal data available in the public domain and such other information as may be necessary for Jenca Music School to provide its services
- your contact information (which may include postal address and e-mail address and your home and mobile telephone numbers);
- your in case of emergency contacts
- if you apply for a position with us we may collect personal information relating to your past employment, professional qualifications and education, your nationality and immigration/ residential status, opinions from third parties about you (such as references) and other details about you which may be gathered during the recruitment process.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They are used for many things, such as remembering whether you’ve visited the site before, so that you remain logged in – or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month. They contain information about the use of your computer but do not include personal information about you (they don’t store your name, for instance).
This policy explains how cookies are used on the Website in general – and, below, how you can control the cookies that may be used on the Website (not all of them are used on every website).
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Website, using cookies. The cookies allow us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit. You can choose, below, not to allow cookies. If you do, we cannot guarantee that your experience with the Website will be as good as if you do allow cookies.
The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Website and your location. Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites.
- Some physical contact with the students from the teaching faculty will be necessary to help students with correct technique and body alignment.
- All members of staff at JENCA have had by law, up-to-date police checks.
- JENCA does not provide supervision or accept responsibility for any student other than during the lesson. Parents remain responsible for the child at all times before and after lesson/gig/event.
- Please notify JENCA of any medical conditions that the student has. All medical conditions must be written on the students registration form (contact detail form). Any updates must be given in writing.
- JENCA will do its upmost to create a safe environment for their students.
- If any student becomes unwell or is injured in anyway JENCA will make every reasonable effort to contact parent/guardian. However, if unavailable student will be given secure emergency medical care (A & E)